Saturday, July 15, 2006

Slim Cessna TONIGHT!!!

I'm finally back in the 'burgh after a grueling ten-hour drive from the most southeastern part of Virginia. It shouldn't have taken me ten hours, but I decided I wanted to skip the mess with the Capitol Beltway (route 495) around Washington DC. Maps CAN be misleading. There's just no way to tell how one path compares to another unless you add up all the individual mileage notations. I added a full 80 miles on to my journey just to skip some tricky congestion. Use Mapquest, and take their advice. One more hint: If you get hungry on the road in the South, don't eat at a place called "Buffet"... the minimalism of the title probably reflects the effort put into the food.

Anyways... it's probably too late for all y'alls Pittsburgher folk, but the best band in the country is playing at 31st St. Pub tonight- Slim Cessna's Auto Club. Their music and performance defy description, but let me give it a try... Death-grass Americana, with tent revival-shadings, two frontmen working hard to out-fire-and-brimstone each other, and a punk aesthetic with a message for all the "good people". Nah, forget it... impossible. Just go see 'em. YOU OWE it to yourself. Check out their website too...

Hell, why don't you just ride along with me to Beachland in Cleveland on Thursday, July 20th. You will never be able to get enough of this band.

2 Comments:

Blogger Susan Constanse said...

Welcome back, David. I've been following your vacation posts.

9:12 PM  
Blogger Merge Divide said...

Hey Sus... I'll see ya t the gallery this week.

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home