Tuesday, April 07, 2009

On Intention.

Y’all listen up, because I’ve been thinking a lot about the subject of this post. I’ve noticed a distinct lack of attention to intentionality in words and deeds. I’m not simply throwing stones against the glass either. I’m not exempting myself from this characterization. It’s just that there’s a rash of reactionary response flowing out of the collective consciousness, and it’s starting to chafe a bit. I believe that a lot of people are finding themselves doing things without due prior consideration. I understand all about blowing in the wind and blooming where one’s planted, but I think that there are appropriate places to use those approaches and others where a different strategy might be in order.

I’m not trying to dictate terms, or offer advice, or come off as judgmental. What I’m proposing is only a suggestion- take a moment to breathe and center yourself before you make that next rash move. Truth is consequence and results are inevitable. You are having a palpable effect on the rest of us, whether you realize it or not. So simply consider whether you are being authentic to yourself. Be rational, but don’t discount your emotions. There is a lot at stake.

Choose every word carefully unless you are in the space where you can trust your intuition. And remember what we’ve learned about climate change. I’m not talking about this phenomenon at a global level, but rather a personal one. You may believe that you have figured yourself out. Perhaps you think that you have completed yourself. But if so, try to remember that you are merely playing catch-up. There’s nothing wrong with learning from the past. However… you are only doomed to repeat it if you make the decision to do so, whether or not you are doing it consciously or reflectively. And even then, it will be an imperfect recapitulation because the universe has since rearranged itself.

My truth is that we are about to see a paradigm shift. There is too much happening around us to believe otherwise. Feel free to embrace your fear as long as you need to. Material attachment is a difficult thing to contend with, especially when you’ve used it to form your identity. If you want to move on, you might as well dance. If you handicap yourself, you shouldn’t be in the business of blame. Be on the lookout for your insecurities, and find someone you love to talk to about them. I believe that together, we can transcend our current consensual reality. But intention is necessary.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What motivated this? JM

11:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could read that 10 times and not understand even a bit of its meaning. Then again, it's not intended for me, so that let's me off some hook of understanding. Have you considered offline?

11:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So happy for you...congrats on your self-actualization. Dance on.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Merge Divide said...

JM-

That's a long story that I hope to tell articulately soon.

Anon #1

I have indeed considered offline... in fact, I am writing a lot of stuff currently that I am not publishing now in any form. I'm aware that people have always skimmed this blog, looking particularly for things "intended" for them. I'm comfortable with that.

Anon #2

Yes.

5:31 PM  
Blogger msmc1 said...

intention seems like the lifeboat i take too much for granted. it is the conscious constant which requires constant monitoring and focus. keeping my spiritual muscle flexed so to speak, but not tensed and inactive. we are never alone except when selfish.

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home