Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The All-Seeing I

I may
Show you
All of these
Words,

And you
May form
All of your
Opinions.

Meanwhile
I know this
Is

At long last

A conversation
With myself.

Here
In this form
I don’t have
The luxury

Of objectivity.

Read yourself
Into the poem
If you will

And
If you can.

But
Don’t make
The mistake
Of thinking that
I had you
In mind

When I wrote
This,

Unless
You
Are a shape-shifter,

Able to
Inhabit every
Eye

That will ever
See these
Pages.

I think
It’s time
To acknowledge
Multiple
Centers

In myself
And
In the
Universe.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Gary Carden said...

Very nice! I like your references. I just wrote a piece about shape-changers myself ... the witch in Cherokee mythology who can be your grandmother.

9:54 PM  
Blogger msmc1 said...

that fucking rocks.

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home